Helping Nevadans Feel at Home
Home is Possible grant program helps make the dream of home ownership a reality for qualified Nevadans. Introduced in 2014, this program helps those who can afford a market rate mortgage, but whose savings fall short of the amount needed for entry costs.
The grant amount is up to 5% of the loan amount covering down payment and closing costs. The grant never needs to be repaid.
- Fixed interest rate 30-year loan - current rate click here
- No first-time homebuyer requirement
- Grant is non-repayable
- Must be homebuyer's primary residence
- Available state-wide
- No asset limits for homebuyers
- Now offering a 3% grant with government loan types and up to a 5% grant with conventional loan financing
- Grants are based upon the loan amount and can be used for down payment assistance and/or closing costs.
- Minimum credit score of 640 for government insured loans, 660 for manufactured homes and 680 for most conventional loans
- Qualifying income on mortgage application must be below $95,500
- Home price below $400,000
- Homebuyer education course required
- Must meet normal government or conventional loan underwriting requirements
How to Get Started
- Find an approved lender (link below)
- Complete homebuyer paperwork with the lender